As another year comes to a close, 2018 is one we certainly won’t forget. We’re pleased to say we’ve had a successful year, with team growth, office updates, numerous Platform releases, not to mention the development of a fully capable Threat department. Here are a few of what we like to call “our rockstar” moments:
- Platform updates – Our development team have worked extremely hard to add functions and use cases to the Platform, implementing client requests along the way. They’ve successfully enabled the Platform to support entire risk and compliance programmes and remain in line with the ever-changing regulatory and compliance requirements. We’re particularly proud of our new risk import function, risk types segment and relationship mapping tool however in total, we’ve implemented 164 features which amounts to a new feature every 4 days!
- Secure Operations Centre (SOC) upgrade – The SOC is vital to our day to day operations, ensuring that all client deliverables and Platform activity conducted through our threat and consultancy services, remain protected and secure. Our SOC underwent an update in October to not only enhance its overall look but also to demonstrate our commitment to protecting client data and providing an industry-leading service, with continuous investment.
- Penetration Testing as a Service (PTaaS) launch – We’ve spent the past year building our threat department so that it offers a full portfolio of services including; penetration testing, cyber essentials certification and vulnerability scanning. With this year’s abundance of breaches, we’ve introduced a programme which encourages organisations to treat penetrating testing as a scheduled, tracked and continuous business strategy. With PTaaS’s implementation, we aim to replace the outdated one-off spreadsheet approach with an ongoing programme of testing, management and remediation of risks, to reduce internal resources, drive remediation activity and most importantly, improve defences against attacks and breaches.
- US office launch – We are thrilled to have opened our first Sales office in the US this year. Our office, based in Cary, North Carolina, is located within The Research Triangle, where we are part of the second largest metropolitan area in North Carolina and surrounded by three major research universities. Our team have nicely settled into their new office and are on the lookout for additional recruits, to support our clients and continue to share our risk and compliance management expertise.
- Team expansion – Last but not least, we couldn’t do it without our team. We’ve significantly expanded this year within all departments and it’s been great to see the expansion internally. We’ve got a great bunch here at 3GRC, who are truly passionate about our Platform and the protection of your data.
Thank-you to all of our clients and partners for supporting us through this exciting time. Our Platform has developed massively, thanks to your feedback and suggestions. We have big plans for 2019, so keep your eyes peeled for our next blog post to find out more.
Lastly, on behalf of the entire team at 3GRC, we hope you have a relaxing and breach-free Christmas and a Happy New Year.